[ixpmanager] RRD files via API

David Croft david-ixpmanager at infotrek.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 19:12:04 IST 2020

Hi,

I am trying via the API to get the RRD file (or, more generally, all the
data points in it) for the IXP total infrastructure traffic. The goal is to
produce nice graphs of the total traffic for the website.

This page says I can set grapher "type" to "rrd":

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/grapher/api/

And I can see in app/Services/Grapher/Graph.php that "rrd" is a valid type.

However URLs like this result in the error "No graphing backend configured
to support the requested graph type.":

..ixpmanager/grapher/ixp?id=1&type=rrd
..ixpmanager/grapher/ixp?id=1&type=rrd&category=bits&backend=mrtg&apikey=xyz

I thought it might be down to this being an aggregate graph - maybe there
isn't a single RRD file that covers it - but it doesn't work for individual
physical interfaces either; this gives the same message:

..ixpmanager/physicalinterface?id=11&type=rrd

Please can you let me know if I'm doing something wrong - is it
presently possible via the API to get the RRD file for the total IXP
traffic? Or the data contained within it?

Thanks

David