[ixpmanager] Independent Route Server

Salvador Bertenbreiter salvador at pitperu.net
Sat Aug 22 02:07:18 IST 2020

Hi guys,
I hope you're doing great. I have two public Route Servers we use to
exchange traffic among all members without restrictions beside advertise
anything bigger than /24. However, we also have some Cache Servers that we
fill with IP transit and that are part of a /25 network. Because of those
two points, we need to give access to those servers (or actually that
network) only to select members, so I can't advertise that /25 network to
the regular Route Servers.

I'm thinking of another way to share the routes of those Cache servers to
those "select" members and the members' routes to the cache network,  I was
thinking of a solution to create another separate route server that only
certain members can peer with and that also supports /25 networks. What
do you think of this approach? Any similar case?

If it is a good idea, can I do that in the same IXP Manager instance or do
I need a separate IXP Manager instance?

Thanks and best regards,