[ixpmanager] LG API for Juniper/Junos

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Apr 13 16:57:56 IST 2020

Tomasz Szewczyk wrote on 13/04/2020 16:09:
> I tried to "cheat" your birdseye API, by sending my own reply formatted
> in the way how bird server does it. However it looks to me once IXP
> manager receives reply it compares some of the fields with its
> configuration statements for given RS. I'm not generating Junos config
> from IXP Manager (at least not yet), but I'm wondering if the reply
> check can be somehow disabled in IXP manager?

I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly. IXP Manager does look to, for
example, identify BGP neighbours using the protocol name in Bird. This
could be replicated using part of the description in JunOS? The protocol
name is a formatted string with the vlan interface ID.

I'd need more information on what you mean exactly to think about
disabling - if even possible.