[ixpmanager] Tehran IX

Shahab Vahabzadeh me at shahabv.com
Thu Oct 31 07:07:28 GMT 2019

Dear Nishal,
Appreciate your answer, I did them, Right now Image changed from Dummy to
No Image Found! in Web.
As I checked cron working well as I see this in logs:

Oct 31 10:35:01 ixpmanager CRON[1826]: (root) CMD (if [ -x /usr/bin/mrtg ]
&& [ -r /etc/mrtg.cfg ] && [ -d "$(grep
'^[[:space:]]*[^#]*[[:space:]]*WorkDir' /etc/mrtg.cfg | awk '{ print $NF
}')" ]; then mkdir -p /var/log/mrtg ; env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg
/etc/mrtg.cfg 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/mrtg/mrtg.log ; fi)

But I think its not graphing two switch I have in proper way.

Also I generated config file with this command: php artisan
grapher:generate-configuration -B mrtg

It shows configs related to two switch but I didnt copy this anywhere.

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 1:12 AM Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za>
wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2019, at 23:04, Shahab Vahabzadeh wrote:
>
> > Hello Hello,
> > With honor I must announce that we are going to launch IXP Manager in
> > Tehran IX for the 1st time, We have a good installation on Ubuntu and
> > we
> > add our two Leaf switch there and we add our 1st Member.
>
> shahab, that’s fantastic.  the work that your team has done with
> tehran-ix is inspiring :-)
>

> > I have two
> > questions, I am going with the 1st one:
> >
> > All of the graphs are Dummy and not working, Something with MRTG?
> > (Installed Already)
> > Switches are Active and Ports in Peering Mode.
> >
> > Can you help me?
>
> two things that come to mind:
> # check that mrtg is actually running as per your cron, or otherwise
> # check these fields in your /srv/ixpmanager/.env file, and make sure
> they are set as appropriate to your install:
>
> GRAPHER_BACKENDS="mrtg"
> GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_DBTYPE="log"
> GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_WORKDIR="/srv/mrtg"
> GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_LOGDIR="/srv/mrtg"
>
> -n.

Cheers, Shahab