[ixpmanager] AS0 - so are we doing this thing?

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:55:06 GMT 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 11:09 PM Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

> I used
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6483#section-4
> to convince my RIR to allow me to create these ROAs.
> (February 2012)

Fascinating, thanks.  Here in ARIN land, I created a couple of AS0 ROAs
just this week and there were no roadblocks.

As the resource holder, I should be able to publish a ROA with *any* AS
number--the consequences of that ROA are mine to experience.

But thanks for the RFC tip, that puts in writing what we're talking about.

Jonathan

On 07/11/2019 00:41, Jonathan Stewart wrote:
> > I'm onboard with the AS0 idea, looking for documents about it.
> >
> > I found an RFC draft from
> > 2012: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-as0-06
> >
> > Is there anything newer?  If we're actually using it, should't we
> > complete this RFC so people can know what we mean when we make an AS0
> ROA?
> >
> > Jonathan
> > MBIX.ca
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:47 AM Martin J. Levy <mahtin at mahtin.com
> > <mailto:mahtin at mahtin.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     All,
> >
> >     If the IX uses RPKI to mark it's /64 ot /24 LAN segment with AS0
> >     (i.e. a ROA with AS0); does that work? Does that make sense? Does
> >     the route correctly remove itself from the global routing table?
> >
> >     Or am I missing something?
> >
> >     Martin

> > --
> >      Jonathan