[ixpmanager] some questions re: IXP 5

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Nov 4 15:34:01 GMT 2019

Athanasios Douitsis wrote on 04/11/2019 15:21:
>> I'm sorry Athanasios, maybe this thread got too long and covered too
>> many things - I don't actually know what you're referring to by a 'list
>> of their prefixes'?
>>
>> Can you explain what you're trying to achieve here?
>
> Gladly. I cannot find a reliable way to tell the IXP Manager 5 to
> hit the /api/routes/lc-zwild/protocol/... endpoint in any of my route
> servers. Visiting the "filtered prefixes" tab in any client does not
> trigger it to hit that API url, issuing artisan router:filtered-prefixes
> doesn't trigger it either.
>
> The problem is that, although I see filtered prefixes from my looking
> glass, I can no longer find those prefixes in the "filtered prefixes" of
> the respective client.

Okay... still a bit confused. Browsing to the filtered prefixes URL such as:

https://ixpmanager.example.com/filtered-prefixes/$customer_id

causes IXP Manager to hit the API for all configured route servers. Are
you not seeing this?

Similarly, using commandline:

./artisan router:filtered-prefixes $customer_id

also works fine.

The detail is cached for 15 minutes - is this what you're having an
issue with?