[ixpmanager] some questions re: IXP 5

Athanasios Douitsis aduitsis at noc.ntua.gr
Mon Nov 4 15:21:13 GMT 2019

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 03:02:21PM +0000, Barry O'Donovan wrote:

> Athanasios Douitsis wrote on 04/11/2019 14:5> Okay. So how do we tell
> IXP Manager to go ask the BirdsEyes for the list
> > of their prefixes? Is there a special artisan command to accomplish
> > that?
>
> I'm sorry Athanasios, maybe this thread got too long and covered too
> many things - I don't actually know what you're referring to by a 'list
> of their prefixes'?
>
> Can you explain what you're trying to achieve here?

Gladly. I cannot find a reliable way to tell the IXP Manager 5 to
hit the /api/routes/lc-zwild/protocol/... endpoint in any of my route
servers. Visiting the "filtered prefixes" tab in any client does not
trigger it to hit that API url, issuing artisan router:filtered-prefixes
doesn't trigger it either.

The problem is that, although I see filtered prefixes from my looking
glass, I can no longer find those prefixes in the "filtered prefixes" of
the respective client.

--
Athanasios Douitsis
National Technical University of Athens NOC