[ixpmanager] MINAP upgrade to 5.0.0

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Jun 1 10:47:56 IST 2019

Hi Marco,

Marco d'Itri wrote on 01/06/2019 10:18:
> The upgrade to release-v5 went pretty well, with just minor issues.

yay!

> I upgraded Bird's Eye first and it broke many of the the 4.9 LG pages.

It shouldn't have but there's possibly things we missed in there. Do you
think it could be something to do with your own configuration generator
for the RS?

I'll try and replicate and have a closer look.

If you have exception traces from storage/log please paste them in here:
https://pastebin.ibn.ie/ and send me the link(s).

> I had to run update:customer2users or else all logins would fail with
> "Your user account is not associated with any customers".

Correct - and this is part of the release notes.

> The new CSS is very nice, but I think that it needs some tuning because
> on Firefox with a default font of size of 16 sometimes the text is quite
> big and e.g. the league table overflows on my 1920x1080 screen.

sigh, yeah. There's a couple things here and one is that the web UI
packages seem to have decided that 16 should be the 'standard' font size.

As per the release notes: Bootstrap frontend upgraded to v4.3 (from 3.x)
and TailwindCSS added. There are still some rough edges but these will
get sanded and smoothed over the coming weeks and months.

Having said that, and as you say yourself, the new CSS is much nicer and
there are only a small few rough edges which we'll continue to work on.

> The welcome email template still describes the old customer admin
> accounts scheme.

Good catch - fixed here:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/commit/337f670edc387968b4ce520e876dbbc64f7880fd

To be honest, we'd expect most users to skin that email so it's good
advice to check your own skinned versions if you have.