[ixpmanager] MINAP upgrade to 5.0.0

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Sat Jun 1 10:46:30 IST 2019

Hi Marco,

Marco d'Itri wrote on 01/06/2019 10:18:
> The upgrade to release-v5 went pretty well, with just minor issues.
> I use my own configuration generator for the RS and I have not yet
> upgraded to bird2, so I have not tested the new prefixes interface.
 >
> I upgraded Bird's Eye first and it broke many of the the 4.9 LG pages.

There were a couple of changes here that made things difficult, e.g.
timestamp handling and formatting.  We're working with the various RS
software stack authors to try to design a consistent json export API but
at the moment, we're stuck with parsing text output from bird, i.e. the
modern equivalent of screen-scraping.

> I had to run update:customer2users or else all logins would fail with
> "Your user account is not associated with any customers".

Correct.  It is necessary to run update:customer2users once after
upgrading, and logins won't work without this.

> The new CSS is very nice, but I think that it needs some tuning because
> on Firefox with a default font of size of 16 sometimes the text is quite
> big and e.g. the league table overflows on my 1920x1080 screen.

We had an internal discussion about this.  Bootstrap 4 changed a lot of
defaults and it's difficult to get the scaling to look ok.

> The welcome email template still describes the old customer admin
> accounts scheme.

Ok, can you file a github issue about this so that it doesn't get lost?