[ixpmanager] Upgrade From v3

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Fri Jan 18 23:53:22 GMT 2019

Hi Mike,

You're mixing up v4.9 documentation with early versions of 4.x.  There
are only one or two sites left running v3 and the
docs.ixpmanager.org/install/manually/ page no longer caters for the upgrade.

If you want to upgrade from v3, you need to check out v4.5.0 from git,
then run the tools/installers/ubuntu-lts-1604-ixp-manager-v4.sh script
in order to get a basic installation of IXP Manager running.

Once you have a basic 4.5.0 installation operating, you need to go
through the rest of the v3 upgrade process:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/install/upgrade-v3/

I.e. make a copy of the database then move that over first, then handle
the configuration fix-ups.

When you have a v4.5.0 working satisfactorily, you'll need to upgrade
sequentially to v4.6, v4.7, v4.8 and finally v4.9.

Nick