[ixpmanager] multiple route servers handling

Athanasios Douitsis aduitsis at noc.ntua.gr
Thu Feb 14 10:33:36 GMT 2019

Στις 2019-02-13 23:56, Barry O'Donovan έγραψε:
> Hi Athanasios,

Hello Barry,

> Athanasios Douitsis wrote on 13/02/2019 13:18:
>> Birdseye 1.1.0 works flawlessly in each of our route servers. Would
>> you be so kind as to indicate where can we find this updated version
>> (some branch perhaps) and give it a spin in one of our test route
>> servers? Do we just clone the HEAD from the master?
>
> the functionality you see on the INEX IXP Manager link I provided is
> not really Bird's Eye. Bird's Eye provides the API access to the data
> but IXP Manager defines the communities in the route server
> configuration it generates and then interprets those to present the
> exclamation (route filtered) / coloured badges.

Okay, yes, makes total sense.

> This isn't available for use or testing right now as it requires a ton
> of documentation for both the upgrade and the new features. What will
> be released in time is:
>
> IXP Manager v5 - with Bird v2 support (where all of this functionality
> exists), RPKI support and the looking glass updates. Also an important
> note is that this functionality has not and will not be back ported to
> Bird v1.6 (as this does not support RPKI RTR). The IXP Manager code is
> in a private internal development repo.

Okay, so not visible yet.

> Bird's Eye v1.2 which augments Bird's Eye to support changes in Bird
> v2 (this is all in the master branch).

Okay, again, makes sense.

Thank you most kindly for the clarifying response.

All in all, I can see that this is a change that touches practically
everything (ixpmanager and birdseye), and goes beyond just incorporating
the ability to see the prefixes from multiple route servers.

Kind regards,
Athanasios