[ixpmanager] Informational community on route server for physical port location

Leon Meßner l.messner at physik.tu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 14 22:42:53 GMT 2018

Dear André,

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 20:38:00 +0100
André Grüneberg <andre.grueneberg at bcix.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently considering how to best generate our RSs configuration
> using IXPManager. We would like to add some informational communities that
> indicate the physical location of a port. I.e. we would need the switch
> name the physical port is connected to.
>
> So far I couldn't find a way to access this information in the template
> generation process. Did I miss anything or do I need to file a feature
> request?

depending on what you have set in your customers connections have a
look at $sid, $sname, $cabid, $cabname, $location_name,
$location_shortname, $location_tag. What i haven't seen yet is
something that directly gives you the ports that comprise your virtual
interface.
We build a map from $location_tag to bgp community and apply them on
import. $sname or $sid is probably interesting for you.

Regards,
Leon