[ixpmanager] (no subject)

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Mar 2 17:22:20 GMT 2018

Hey,

Diarmuid O Briain wrote:
> Dependency problems with php-mbstring ? Any ideas ?regards,

>  php-mbstring : Depends: php7.1-mbstring but it is not going to be installed

While I certainly applaud the attempt to use PHP 7.1, the officially
supported version is PHP 7.0 on Ubuntu LTS 16.04.

Regrettably the potential combinations of operating systems, versions of
same and then versions of PHP are too numerous to provide individual
support.

The correct install command for the supported version is:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/installers/ubuntu-lts-1604-ixp-manager-v4.sh#L313

You probably need to just 'apt install php7.1-mbstring' but this assumes
you are trying to run PHP 7.1.