[ixpmanager] Sflow Route Server

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed Jun 6 12:34:39 IST 2018

Carlos Saura wrote on 06/06/2018 09:58:
> I have the peering matrix working correctly I can see the bilateral
> peerings. On the other hand, I have in another machine different to
> where I have installed the ixp manager. This other machine has the
> installed bird that is acting as a route server. My intention is to be
> able to see the peerings of the route server also in the ixp manager. Is
> it possible? if I send a flow of flow from the server of the route to
> the ixp manager would it work? or is there some other way? Thank you!

you need to run the "compare-route-server-prefixes.pl" script on one of
the route servers.  This is located in the tools/runtime/route-servers/
directory. You should only run this script on a single route server, so
if you have multiple route servers, do not enable it on all of them -
only one.

You'll need to modify this script at all locations with the text
"XXX-SET-ME".

This is badly documented because at some stage in the future, we're
going to change it completely and use the Birdseye API to access route
server.

Using this script will also enable the prefix analysis tool.