[ixpmanager] New install step by step

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Jul 27 09:44:30 IST 2018

Vladislav Bidikov wrote on 25/07/2018 21:38:
> Sorry - i mixed 2 different slide decks (someone needs to grab a coffee
> ) - and this old one (which is not the one i thought on the IXP manager
> site) is definitely one that can help

Cool.

> That slide deck - solved the Cisco people...
>
> I have solved the Mikrotik ones... and i have a BIRD to try for the bird
> one 😊

Bird have some examples here:

https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird/wikis/Examples

While the slide deck I provided has Cisco examples, a network engineer
familiar with Juniper should be able to use the examples to program a
JunOS BGP config / any other device.

> At the end of the day - what is the worse that could happen if we
> miss-configure a router - we will not brake the internet just the ISP we
> experiment with .... :)

Any possibly any bilateral peers and possibly their upstreams. Big
internet outages are usually caused by human's fat-fingering a BGP
configuration.

If you're using the IXP Manager generated route server configuration,
then that'll ensure nothing bad happens with those sessions.