[ixpmanager] New install step by step

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Jul 16 14:52:56 IST 2018

Hi Vlad,

can you open issues for any bugs on GitHub (so long as they do not
already exist)?

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/issues

In terms of setting up the initial IXP, I do agree that it's currently
the biggest area that needs documentation attention. This is in planning
and so is a wizard-like step-by-step process one you log into IXP
Manager for the first time. Neither of these help you right now though!

Nick recently did a presentation on this - please see:

https://www.ixpmanager.org/presentations

for "APRICOT 2018 / APIX - IXP Manager Workshop".

The slides are:

https://www.ixpmanager.org/media/2018/inex-apricot-ixp-manager-workshop2-installation-2018-02-25.pdf

which will guide you through setting up:

- an Infrastructure
- at least one peering VLAN
- at least one Location
- at least one Cabinet
- at least one switch
- successfully polled the switch so that it's showing ports available
- configured some of the ports as peering ports?

Thanks,
Barry