[ixpmanager] Quick Start of IXP Managar

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Jan 6 11:29:56 GMT 2018

Hi Renan,

Renan Menezes wrote:
> Hello everybody, and happy new year!

Many happy returns!

> I'd like more informations about use case of IXP Manager(Quick Start,
> User and/or Administration Guide)!

Pretty much everything you need is linked from: https://www.ixpmanager.org/

But, to be explicit:

For an into, see the 2015 presentations at
https://www.ixpmanager.org/presentations.php including a link to a video.

Otherwise for install guides (including automated scrips and Vagrant)
and admin guides see:

http://docs.ixpmanager.org/

> Today I'm a NOC from the IX of mine city, the IX Palmas(Tocantins,
> Brazil). I'm looking for a system to help improve our operations and
> define a IX Portal to shows to all partners the data traffics.

IXP Manager is intended for just this purpose :-)

> Today we're using Bird 1.63 as the Route Server, Switch Huawei S6720,
> Mikrotik CCR-1072 to do the CDNs for the most part of partners on IX.

That version of Bird is a good choice as it supports BGP Large
Communities which IXP Manager has supported since the draft RFC. The
switch should be fine but let us know if you have any issues as it may
not be supported yet by the OSS_SNMP library we use.

> I've been problems with the IPs on Private VLANs, when I try to add a IP
> just the public VLANs are shown.

Shown where? Generally speaking:

 - we do not show private VLAN details publicly as far as I recall
 - while it /may/ be possible to assign IP addresses to private VLANs,
this is neither supported nor recommended as this is an implementation
detail for the private VLAN participants and nothing to do with the IX
or IXP Manager.

Barry