[ixpmanager] Artisan not updating MRTG config when port speeds change

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Feb 15 13:57:11 GMT 2018

Kyle,

see code references [2,3] below.

The way it works is:

1) if there is a value in detected port speed (via switch update via
SNMP - see [1]) then this is used.

2) if not, then the configured speed is used.

In other words, we try to use the actual port speed first and then fall
back to the intended port speed.

 - Barry

[1]
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Updating-Switches-and-Ports-via-SNMP

[2]
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/resources/views/services/grapher/mrtg/member-ports.foil.php#L50

[3]
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/database/Entities/PhysicalInterface.php#L482

Kyle Spencer wrote:
> I created a port for a customer that was 1Gbps. This worked well and
> graphed fine. Then the customer upgraded to a 10Gbps port, and I
> changed the port configuration in IXP Manager accordingly. However,
> when I run:
>
> ./artisan grapher:generate-configuration -B mrtg
>
> I still get MaxBytes of 125000000 (expecting 1250000000).
>
> Is there some reason why artisan output would not match the values in
> the IXP Manager front-end interface?
>
> Regards,
> Kyle Spencer

INEX Operations