[ixpmanager] Artisan not updating MRTG config when port speeds change

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Thu Feb 15 13:57:01 GMT 2018

On 15 Feb 2018, at 15:37, Kyle Spencer wrote:

> I created a port for a customer that was 1Gbps. This worked well and
> graphed fine. Then the customer upgraded to a 10Gbps port, and I
> changed the port configuration in IXP Manager accordingly. However,
> when I run:
>
> ./artisan grapher:generate-configuration -B mrtg
>
> I still get MaxBytes of 125000000 (expecting 1250000000).
>
> Is there some reason why artisan output would not match the values in
> the IXP Manager front-end interface?

more than likely, when the switch was initially imported, the snmp-poll
at the time, detected the port as having a 1gb optic, and set it to
that.

so, especially, if you’ve swapped optics, or the port physical state
is now 10gb/s you’ll need to snmp-poll the switch again.
you can confirm by looking at the MAU port info:  switches/choose
$switch/view port mau detail (database only) and see if that matches
what you expect.
if it shows the legacy port size, you can re-poll the switch, and
regenerate the mrtg config file.

hth,
—n.