[ixpmanager] BIRD Config Gen: Prefixes Not Being Exported; Strange Errors

Kyle Spencer kyle at stormzero.com
Tue Feb 13 11:53:36 GMT 2018

Yeah; well, I spend a lot of time training people how to turn it off
because it tends to breaks IXPs in Africa where many networks don't have
IRR objects configured and/or IXP admins are not aware of which IRRDBs
apply when they do.

It seems to me like a feature that should be enabled by choice when an IXP
is ready to make that jump, rather than a standard which should be enabled
by default.

--
Cell/WhatsApp/Signal: +256790884905

On 13 Feb 2018 2:37 p.m., "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan at inex.ie> wrote:

Kyle Spencer wrote:
> Perhaps IRRDB filtering should be off by default, regardless of best
> practice :)

Definitely not.

As previously stated, we ship secure by default. We don't always get it
right but we don't purposely get it wrong.

The documentation for all of this is very thorough.