[ixpmanager] Local IRRDB Database Empty

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Thu Dec 20 08:21:32 GMT 2018

On 20 Dec 2018, at 5:53, Mokhamad Nizar Z wrote:

> Hello
> I Used IRRDB Source : RIPE for every customer, and follow the step
> bellow.
> But I have problem with IRRDB, i had to try step by step from this
> IRRDB
> Guide <https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/irrdb/>:
>
> - ./artisan db:seed --class=IRRDBs
> - apt install bgpq3
> *add the parameter below to .env
>> IXP_IRRDB_BGPQ3_PATH=/usr/bin/bgpq3
> - php artisan irrdb:update-prefix-db
> -php artisan irrdb:update-asn-db
>
> After that, i try to run : bgpq3 -S RIPE -l pl -j AS65061
> This is the output :
> { "pl": [
> ] }

65061 is a private ASN;  ie.  intended for internal/lab use, and not for
use on the general internet.  ideally, there should be no routes on the
global internet, that’s sourced by a private ASN.  (sort of similar to
how there should not be routes for private address space, on the global
internet, either.)

because there should *not* be routes, that are originated by a private
ASN on the public internet, you shouldn’t be using a private ASN, to
register a routing policy in a *public* database, like RIPEdb.  (sort of
similar to how you should not expect to get back a valid route object
for any private address space, from the RIPE-db, either.)

try your tests instead, with a RIR assigned ASN.

—n.