[ixpmanager] BirdsEye

Tom Duff tom.duff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:59:00 IST 2018

>> Sorry for the spam, birdseye is now up and running and is accessible in a
>> web browser (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/api/status and
>> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/lg/protocols/bgp
>

> Can you share the problem and eventual fix for the archives?

I was just about to send a "me too" and then realized it was a DNS issue...

if you're not going to go through the trouble of DNS setup (like I
didn't, since I'm only running IXP Manager and my route servers on a
local mgmt LAN), you will need to modify the /etc/hosts file of the
IXP Manager server, and whatever machine you're trying to access the
route server's lighttpd from for testing. Just hitting the the route
server's IP in a browser on port 80 throws a 500 error because it's
looking for a hostname in the HTTP header. If you modify your hosts
file and then hit the proper DNS that matches the .env file you made
during setup, it works perfectly.

--Tom