[ixpmanager] mrtg with rrd

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Mar 28 21:26:06 IST 2017

Hege Trosvik wrote:
> From http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-rrd.en.html: --- <...>
>
> 3. mrtg will not create any webpages of graphs anymore. It will only
> query the routers for traffic information and update its rrd
> databases. ---
>
> But he mentions a couple of contributor scripts who do this.

Right. That's a shame.

IXP Manager supports graphing from RRDs for its P2P graphing support but
I'll need to restructure around it a bit and won't get that done before
euro-ix for sure.

Can you use log for now? It shouldn't be an issue considering (same
webpage):

 > mrtg will take all your old .log files and convert them to .rrd
format. (The .log files don't get touched in the process, so if things
don't work out they are still there.)

Thanks,