[ixpmanager] Route Server Configuration

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri Oct 28 15:23:36 IST 2016

Levi Pederson wrote:
> ixpadmin at ixp:/usr/local/ixp/bin$ sudo ./ixptool.php -a
> router-cli.gen-server-conf -p vlanid=235,target-bird,proto=4
> --config==/home/ixpadmin/auto-rs1-v4-bird.conf
> [sudo] password for ixpadmin:
> PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/ixp/bin/ixptool.php on
> line 143
> ERROR: Invalid or no VLAN ID specified.
> ixpadmin at ixp:/usr/local/ixp/bin$

Hi Levi,

There are two things here which are confusing: vlanid and the vlan
number.  vlanid is the sql row ID of the vlan entry in the database and
probably won't match the vlan number configured on your switch.  You can
check out what vlanid you should use here by mousing over the edit field
in the VLANs list:

https://your.ixp/ixp/vlan/list

This is not obvious and needs to be made a lot more obvious in the
documentation.

Incidentally, the reason we don't use the vlan tag number of the IXP
switches is that some IXPs have multiple ixp infrastructures with
overlapping VLAN IDs.