[ixpmanager] Route limit for RS conf generation

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Oct 8 12:26:35 IST 2016

Rasmus Åberg wrote:
> 1)       Route limit seems to be statically set to ”20” unless specified
> under Customer Details, where there is only one general and not one for
> v4/v6 respectively btw. Is there any way to have route limit set
> automatically to the amount of prefixes in the database + an extra 10%
> or so?

Yeah, so this is something that needs a bit of a clean up and a v4/v6
split. Right now, you can put max prefixes in two places:

1) under the customer's overall profile which you've found above
2) on a per (vlan) interface basis.

This is historical crud more than anything else but the logic is:

if vlan interface max exists and is > 0 , use it; else use the customer
details setting.

> 2)       I get a WARNING every time the configuration is generated
> related to some customers that doesn’t have any prefixes for that
> address family. Is there a ”nice” way to remove those warnings or should
> I just remove that part from the code?

If you have no prefixes for a customer and don't want to apply strict
prefix checking on your route servers (not advisable) then you can
uncheck the 'Apply IRRDB Filtering' under vlan interface also. Again,
this is not broken out for v4/v6 when it should be.

Note that the default action when IRRDB Filtering is enabled with no
prefixes found is to reject all.

I wouldn't advocate changing the code as it'll make upgrades difficult
but it can easily be done if you like. Perhaps open a feature request to
add a --quiet option to mute these?