[ixpmanager] Member list display in public and joining form

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Oct 26 08:31:52 GMT 2015

On 26/10/2015 7:56 a.m., Ajai Kumar wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> Thanks for response. I am referring to port  billing  and I assume all
> the IX have port billing. I have seen that ixp manager ask the following
> Billing Details

<snip>

> I am just thinking to use this feature if available now or any info
> related to this.

That's primarily used to enter data initially for the accounting person
/ staff and the intention is to allow members to update that via the
portal and then have the accounts staff notified there after.

There is no billing functionality in IXP Manager and we have no plans to
do that. In my own opinion, that would be extreme feature creep and take
away from development time on much more needed practical / operational
features.

At INEX, we have a part-time administrator who looks after billing. We
try to bill members annually to cut down on the work involved.

All the information you would need for billing is in the database and,
if so desired, there are plenty of online / hosted accounting packages
with APIs which you could use to script updates from the IXP Manager
database to the accounting package. With the observer model / events
framework in the (not yet released) V4 of IXP Manager this becomes much
easier.

At some point in the future, we at INEX would like to integrate some
billing detail (invoices, payment, etc.) into IXP Manager. But that
would be done from a third party system via APIs, not a core feature of
IXP Manager.

> league-table  (url: domainname/ixp/statistics/league-table)shows the
> summary of all member with following info

> How can this information be available to related isp after login same as
> mrtg graphs are available.I may have missed something.

It's not available. This is an admin view item only.