[ixpmanager] Diff (just for reference) of site-specific tweaks for compare-prefix tool

Rowan Thorpe rowan at rowanthorpe.com
Fri May 29 09:59:39 IST 2015

On 2015/05/29-11:27, Rowan Thorpe wrote:
> I am just emailing the attached git-diff here for reference - and it should
> ..[snip]..

BTW: When setting up the ixpmanager perl-lib on the route-server I noticed that
although the docs mention (and tools/runtime/check-perl-dependencies.pl checks
for) the perl dbd-mysql lib, the Makefile.PL doesn't. Because I hadn't done the
full ixpmanager setup (obviously) on the route-server, and because I wasn't
even looking at that part of the install-docs, I only discovered the broken dep
when trying to run the prefix-tool, and then manually installed
libdbd-mysql-perl (apt's name for it) to resolve it. I didn't notice it on our
test-RS because I'd already installed mysql-client there (which depends on
libdbd-mysql-perl). Maybe it is worth adding a comment about it to the
route-server prefix analysis wiki-page? or not worth it?

--
Rowan Thorpe
PGP fingerprint: