[ixpmanager] ixp manager

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Nov 28 07:03:49 GMT 2014

Nikhil,

As per yesterday's request:

Could you send the complete generated config file to us with the actual
resultant configuration?

If you want to keep it offlist, please send to operations at inex.ie.

Can you also tell us what version of Bird you are running?

  - Barry

On 27/11/2014 20:57, Nikhil Rathi wrote:
> I haven't used IRRDB filtering . I noticed whaterver was advertised to the
> route server (BIRD) was stored in the master table but not advertised to
> the peer
> As a test case we setup 2 peers advertised a dummy range on each side.
> Eg Peer A advertises 1 and Peer B advertises 2.   Now A should see 2 and B
> should see 1 in their routing tables.
> This was not happening .
> Although the routes were received by bird they were not sent to other
> peer.
>
> This made me change it to "export all" and that made 1 go to B and 2 to A
>
> On 27/11/14 7:19 pm, "Nick Hilliard" <nick at inex.ie> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nikhil,
>>
>> Are you sure that this isn't related to irrdb filtering?  Did you follow
>> the guide here:
>>
>> https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/IRRDB-Prefixes
>>
>> You can see whether this is working by enabling the Route Server Prefix
>> Analysis Tool, periodically running compare-route-server-prefixes.pl on
>> the
>> route servers themselves and checking in the Web UI that the prefix set
>> looks correct for each IXP participant.
>>
>> Nick
>>

>> On 26/11/2014 19:59, Nikhil Rathi wrote:
>>> Posting to the group
>>>
>>> If theres mistake please point out. It works for the Bird peers and
>>> sends
>>> and receives everything it learns

>> --
>> Network Ability Ltd. | Chief Technical Officer | Tel: +353 1 6169698
>> 52 Lower Sandwith St | INEX - Internet Neutral |
>> Dublin 2, Ireland    | Exchange Association    | Email: nick at inex.ie

INEX Operations

Mob: +353 86 801 7669
Tel: +353  1 685 4220

| Open Source Solutions Ltd.    | INEX Operations Team                |
| Lynx House Old Church Road,   | Internet Neutral Exchange           |
| Lower Kilmacud Road,          | Association, 4027 Kingswood Road,   |
| Stillorgan, Co Dublin.        | Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 |
| http://www.opensolutions.ie/  | http://www.inex.ie/                 |