[ixpmanager] Adding a Reseller Port

Paul Emmons paul at phoenix-ix.net
Mon Jun 23 18:39:38 IST 2014

Thanks Barry, I've read through that section.  Short of putting in two back
to back switches, that isn't going to work well for us.   I think what we
are needing is the "ve" functionality.  Our backbone is based on vpls design
and the datacenter in this case is offering to do the layer2 access /
switching for customers at their site.

What I am needing to do is have some functionality where I can have
multiple customers on a 802.1q trunks.

Example
Participant A	VLAN 101	AS 62	206.104.51.101 2001:504:11::101
Participant B	VLAN 102	AS 62	206.104.51.102 2001:504:11::103
Participant C	VLAN 103	AS 62	206.104.51.103 2001:504:11::103
Participant C	PVVLAN 202

At this point I am looking for a way to provision it in IXP for addresses
and as#s.  I'm not worried about traffic graphs.

I will visit the idea about having he datacenter let us put a switch out at
their site so we can have the functionality as it is written.  I see this
happening more and more for us though.

Let me know what you think.

Paul
on the behalf of Phoenix-IX