[ixpmanager] Getting SNMP working at install time

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Dec 2 07:02:59 GMT 2014

Hi Andy,

Working backwards:

> On the page [Switch and Switch Port Management] there are
> instructions about using the OSS_SNMP library. I've grabbed that from
> github but there's no clear instruction about how to integrate it
> with the IXP Manager toolkit.

No need to worry about this. If you installed IXP Manager via the
instructions, you should already have it via Git submodules. It'll be in
library/OSS_SNMP/.

> I should add that I'm seeing:
>
> nsrc at gonix:/usr/local/ixp/bin$ sudo ./ixptool.php -a
> switch-cli.snmp-poll
 > First time polling of ixp-sw2 with SNMP request to ixp-sw2
 > ERROR: OSS_SNMP exception polling ports for ixp-sw2 by SNMP

Okay, so OSS_SNMP is installed and working but it's flaking out for some
reason. Can you:

a) tell us the switch make and model;

b) use a Gist / pastebin to provide the output of (something like):

snmpwalk -c $your_community -v 2c ixp-sw2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1
snmpwalk -c $your_community -v 2c ixp-sw2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2
snmpwalk -c $your_community -v 2c ixp-sw2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1

c) use a Gist / pastebin to provide the output of:

sudo ./ixptool.php -a switch-cli.snmp-poll -v

d) use a Gist / pastebin to provide the output of:

sudo ./ixptool.php -a switch-cli.snmp-poll -d

Cheers,

INEX Operations

| Open Source Solutions Ltd.    | INEX Operations Team                |
| Lynx House Old Church Road,   | Internet Neutral Exchange           |
| Lower Kilmacud Road,          | Association, 4027 Kingswood Road,   |
| Stillorgan, Co Dublin.        | Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 |
| http://www.opensolutions.ie/  | http://www.inex.ie/                 |