[ixpmanager] Distributed Setup

Bernhard Hahn bernhard.hahn at de-cix.net
Tue Aug 19 15:08:01 IST 2014

Hi,

Am 13.08.2014 um 20:36 schrieb Barry O'Donovan:

> We use different servers as follows:
>
>  - dedicated database server for MySQL;
>  - 'monitoring server' which runs mrtg for port graphs, Nagios,
> Smokeping. This also has a second installation of IXP Manager for
> running various CLI cron jobs;

does it have to be synced with the other instance in some way or does it
just work connecting to the same mysql database?

> A lot of the documentation listed under http://git.io/Os7JSA mentions
> the possibility of different servers.

for example the mandatory smokeping pid file path made me wonder how to
split up smokeping and IXPM -> solving that by a separate instance seems
to be a working solution.

Regards
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Hahn
DE-CIX Management GmbH               e-mail: bernhard.hahn at de-cix.net
Lindleystr. 12, 60314 Frankfurt      Phone: +49 69 1730 902-34
Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa    Mobile: +49 171 552 3643
Registergericht AG Koeln, HRB 51135  Fax: +49 69 4056 2716
Zentrale: Lichtstr. 43i, 50825 Koeln http://www.de-cix.net