[ixpmanager] GIT for Dummies or Upgrading IXP Manager

Thorleif Wiik [BCIX] thorleif.wiik at bcix.de
Mon Sep 30 21:23:46 IST 2013

Hey all,

need some help (again ;). Just read a bit about git, which is brand new for
me
and the amount of options are a bit confusing for me, currently without any
git
experience...

I installed  IXP Manager 3.5.0 as mentioned here.
   https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation-02-Downloading
That means I created a BCIX github account, forked it via the web interface
and so on.

When it comes to an upgrade, the instructions in

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation-09-Upgrading-IXP-Manager
are not that clear for me as the installation docs:

* Using Git, checkout the next version up from yours.

What exactly does that mean? A couple of questions:

* First,I have to bring my fork https://github.com/bcix/IXP-Manager to the
next version (3.5.1), correct?
   How do I do that?

* Next check out will be "git clone git at github.com:{$HANDLE}/IXP-Manager.git
ixp" again, or another git command ?

* And than "cd ixp; git submodule update" ?

Thanks for any help, Thorleif
--
Thorleif Wiik, CTO
thorleif.wiik at bcix.de