[ixpmanager] Getting IXP Manager Sflow integration up and running

Thorleif Wiik [BCIX] thorleif.wiik at bcix.de
Thu Oct 17 15:03:07 IST 2013

Hey,

now on IXP Manager version 3.5.4 p2p stats are working :-)

To make it work for me I had to comment out

;sflow.rrd.rrdcached.sock = unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock

in application/configs/application.ini

as I also had set

sflow_rrdcached = 0

in /usr/local/etc/ixpmanager.conf

Regards, Thorleif

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie> wrote:

> On 29/09/2013 11:49, Thorleif Wiik [BCIX] wrote:
> > There might be a missing sflow BGP listener for that, can I have bit more
> > information on that?
>
> We haven't released the code for this - it's a mess and needs serious
> tidying up before it would be fit for general use.
>
> re: the sflow graphs, I think we need to commit some code changes to the
> statistics controller before this will display properly.  At the moment,
> the front-end display code is indexing the graphs on a different database
> table to the back-end code.  The code changes aren't very large or
> anything.
>
> We had to do a complete migration of the entire inex sflow system last week
> to handle this back-end change, and rather than subject everyone else to
> this change, we had to hold off releasing various chunks of the sflow code.
>  Sorry for the inconvenience here, but this migration wasn't a whole lot of
> fun and it would have cause a lot of trouble for people :-(
>
> Nick

Thorleif Wiik, CTO
thorleif.wiik at bcix.de

 Tel: +49 160 90378641