[ixpmanager] Scripts for Monitoring Bird

Joe Wooller joe at waia.asn.au
Mon Apr 22 16:59:52 IST 2013

Hi Nick,

I did have a look at that, I tried to get the ULG one working;

https://github.com/tmshlvck/ulg

However my python foo isn't very good;
so many errors…

We have made some more updates to the perl script at : https://github.com/dowlingw/bird-tool

It now outputs to a format nagios likes

root at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H x.x.x.x -c check_bird_bgptot
SESSIONS OK: Up=7; Down=0; Unknown=0; Warning=0

Plus a few other features. As I am still using cacti for my graphing, the next step is to write a template to import that information and graph it

using;

root at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H x.x.x.x -c check_bird_routes
as=112 state=Established route_tot=1 route_accept=1 route_filtered=0
as=7604 state=Established route_tot=5 route_accept=5 route_filtered=0
as=38716 state=Established route_tot=9 route_accept=9 route_filtered=0
as=45118 state=Established route_tot=3 route_accept=3 route_filtered=0
as=9745 state=Established route_tot=5 route_accept=5 route_filtered=0
as=45926 state=Established route_tot=5 route_accept=5 route_filtered=0
as=10084 state=Established route_tot=3 route_accept=2 route_filtered=1

Joe