[ixpmanager] Scripts for Monitoring Bird

Joe Wooller joe at waia.asn.au
Sun Apr 21 15:28:42 IST 2013

Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone,
A friend of mine and I started to write up some perl scripts to pull stats from BIRD,  you can grab it from here and have a play if you like;

https://github.com/dowlingw/bird-tool

Essentially I plan to use NRPE to dump it into cacti for now so that I can graph prefixes etc learnt from Peers.
Hopefully we will add basic things like getting show route count so we can graph the total prefixes learnt.
We also plan to have a method of listing all sessions and monitoring them much like this script;

https://github.com/nagios-plugins/nagios-plugins/blob/master/contrib/check_bgpstate.pl

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated. If anyone else has any scrips etc they would like to share I would be interested in seeing them, I will probably post this on the bird list just for anyone else to have a look at.

Cheers
Joe