[maint-schema] Parallel effort to standardize maintenance notification formats

Erik Klavon erik.klavon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:13:45 GMT 2015

Greetings,

Under the Best Current Operations Practice (BCOP) effort initiated by the
North American Network Operators Group (NANOG), a group of operators have
discussed standards for the formatting of maintenance notification
information. Steve Wright recently mentioned that a similar project is
underway and pointed us to https://www.maintenancemanager.org/

Reading through the slide deck at
https://www.maintenancemanager.org/presentations/EPF10-INEX-MaintenanceNotifications.pdf,
it is great to see lots of overlap between each group's goals as it
validates each group's approach. Perhaps there is an opportunity to combine
our efforts in some way?

If you're interested in finding out more about our efforts, we coordinate
using the Facebook group at the following URL:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/maintnote/ For a complete introduction to
the effort see our presentation at NANOG on the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiHFsW9tQ8&feature=youtu.be&t=17m38s

Thanks,

Erik