[ixpmanager] Sflow peer to peer Cisco

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Fri Apr 5 16:49:17 IST 2024

Mario Klobucar wrote on 05/04/2024 15:56:
> I was talking to local support and things are (maybe) getting more
> difficult.
> Look like new FX2 9k3 are on Cisco ASIC so this Broadcom hack cannot help.

Yeah that is the danger: if you change ASIC architecture, unsupported
hacks and workarounds will stop working.

> If I get something useful from local support I can share on the list.

That would be great. I don't really understand why Cisco haven't
implemented ingress-only sflow on the NXOS platform. There's explicit
support for configuring it in the Broadcom SDK and bcm-shell, and if
implemented in NXOS, it would change sflow from being borderline
unusable in many situations to being completely normal and
straightforward to work with.