[ixpmanager] arouteserver vs IXP Manager

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue May 2 09:40:38 IST 2023

Just a quick note on this:

Nishal Goburdhan via ixpmanager wrote on 01/05/2023 10:30:
> On 27 Apr 2023, at 9:15, André Grüneberg via ixpmanager wrote:
> we use alice-lg, _intentionally_ to create a mental shift between ixpmanager’s built-in looking glass (ie: “view from the filtered route-servers”) vs. alice-lg’s (“view from the unfiltered route collector”).
>
> * unfiltered” vs. “filtered
> * not everyone peers with the route-servers
> * unified interface to query N* IXPs locations
> .. are good enough to have both services.

IXP Manager's route collector configs tags prefixes that would be
filtered but accepts everything. The major differences between the
collector and server configs from memory are:

* collector tags what would be rejected but accepts them ultimately
* collector has a single routing table rather than a per-client rib
* collector has explicit "export none;" on all clients.

Our looking glasses are public at https://www.inex.ie/ixp/lg