[ixpmanager] arouteserver vs IXP Manager

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon May 1 10:30:53 IST 2023

On 27 Apr 2023, at 9:15, André Grüneberg via ixpmanager wrote:

[anip]

aside from all the good advice here already seen here ..

> Regarding Looking Glass, you may as well have a look into Alice LG. I
> agree, the IXP Manager internal implementation is practical, but I am a bit
> opinionated towards Alice LG.

we use alice-lg, _intentionally_ to create a mental shift between ixpmanager’s built-in looking glass (ie: “view from the filtered route-servers”) vs. alice-lg’s (“view from the unfiltered route collector”).

* unfiltered” vs. “filtered
* not everyone peers with the route-servers
* unified interface to query N* IXPs locations
.. are good enough to have both services.

configuration is generated from ixpmanager, because that’s easiest.

-n.