[ixpmanager] SFLOW Under Reporting?

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Thu Jun 22 10:54:53 IST 2023

Hi,

We have had a report from a member that the P2P graphs in IXP Manager
are under-reporting compared to their own stats and to the overall
traffic reported by MRTG. In fact on further comparison with the RRD
files this morning and it seems we are seeing approximately half of the
traffic vs the stats at their side.

Looking in to this, I see that the per-protocol graphs in IXP Manager
are reporting about half of our total exchange traffic, vs MRTG.

I'm interested if anyone else has encountered a similar issue?

How close are your MRTG reported traffic levels and that of sflow? (and
what switch vendor are you using?)

We are running Arista [EOS] and have the sflow sample rate set to [1 in]
16384.

Thanks,

Ian