[ixpmanager] IRR updating issue with BGPQ3

Paul Emmons paul at ninja-ix.net
Mon Jul 3 22:56:59 IST 2023

Agreed, but here is a deeper issue that is happening that I can show
using actual participants.   Member uses ARIN as their IRR - very high
quality IRR and that member doesn't have any down streams. Member B
provides downstream to A but Member B just uses their AUTNUM and not an
AS-SET for Member A.  Member B has their AS-SET as RADB (not the worst
but they do refuse to remove proxy routes that don't exist).  Member A's
prefixes are filtered out of Member B's announcements in the route
servers.  (Member A still has connectivity on the exchange.  But what
happens if Member A's IX circuit goes down or if Member A isn't on the
exchange?

It is probably more of an issue of training member B not to use AUTNUMs
for down streams.  Maybe some form of reporting would be helpful.  (I
always start at the IX looking glass).

Thanks for the reply!

~Paul