[ixpmanager] Newer version of "supported switchs list" on IXP-Manager

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:02:07 GMT 2023

As recommended by Nick Hilliard, I'm bringing this question
<https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/issues/827> to be discussed by e-mail.

I looked in the official IXPManager documentation
<https://docs.ixpmanager.org/> and I didn't find explicit references about
which switch platforms are supported in integrations and automations.

I also had a quick look on github for the IXP Manager Provision Templates
<https://github.com/inex/ixp-manager-provisioning>, but could only find
references to Arista-EOS and Cumulus.

The most explicit reference in public documentation that I could find was
in the PDF of the APRICOT presentation
<https://2018.apricot.net/assets/files/APNT806/inex-apricot-ixp-automation-2018.pdf>,
on page 11.
But it's been 5 years since then.
Which makes me believe that probably new platforms could have been added.

Would it be possible to get any update on this?

We are considering adopting IXP-Manager for a small IXP initiative that we
have.
But the idea at first would be to use white-label switches with SONiC, or
IP-Infusion's OCNOS v6 which is what the switches that were made available
to the project are running.

But we don't have any references on how either of the two platforms would
behave in integrations and automations with IXP Manager.

A complementary suggestion would be to add the predominant platform in the
IXP network to the user-list
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/community/user-list>.

P.S.: I just used GH issues to get in touch because the link "
https://www.ixpmanager.org/support/mailing-list " in on 404.
My bad! I have not seen the other link to mailing-lists on the top of the
page... Sorry!
[image: image.png]

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer