[ixpmanager] Peering Macro at Member Detail's page

Michel Lanners michel.lanners at lu-cix.lu
Thu Nov 17 16:59:10 GMT 2022

Hello all,

Allow me to chime in with a similar issue, that is MaxPrefix is a common value for v4 and v6 currently. Differing values is the normal case for MaxPrefix - whereas for AS-SET it’s the exception.

Yes, you can configure max(v4,v6) into IXP Manager. But with some people having very much different values, it kind of removes the usefulness of MaxPrefix

I’m mentioning this just because it is the same “issue” of nor separating between v4 and v6 - and if a good soul wants to address this it might worthwhile to tackle both at the same time.

This has been a topic back in 2013: https://www.inex.ie/pipermail/ixpmanager/2013-October/000190.html

But I have the impression the discussion of back then went nowhere.

Thanks and cheers

Michel

Michel LANNERS
CIO at LU-CIX Management G.I.E.