[ixpmanager] MD5 password problem

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Nov 1 08:54:34 GMT 2022

Hi,

Vladislav Bidikov via ixpmanager wrote on 30/10/2022 17:01:
> We seem to hit a interesting situation where the member is configured
> with  MD5 Support set to NO in the Member details while we see a setting
> in the bird config for md5 password set...

The use case by the IX who requested this feature in the member add/edit
screen was to have it as an indicator to other peers fr bilateral
settings. If you click the help button you'll see in the description:

"It is an informational flag only for member to member bilateral peering."

> Any idea how to resolve this ?

Yes, in your VLAN interface configuration, delete the password from the
MD5 box under IPv4 and/or IPv6 settings as needed.

See: https://docs.ixpmanager.org/usage/interfaces/#ipv4ipv6-details

  - Barry