[ixpmanager] BIRD v2 configuration with BGP Community Address

Kevin San Jose kevin.sanjose at rise.ph
Fri Mar 18 03:10:19 GMT 2022

Hi IXP,

We are using IXP v4 and have started to test the IXP v5, with IXP v4 we are
using Bird V1, while in IXP v5 we are using Bird V2, everything seems fine
except when we are trying to put  bgp_community.add(OUR ASN,65530) to
import foil of our customers. But when we checked our test routers
(Mikrotik) we didn't see any BGP Communities from IP Routes distributed by
the BGP. This only happens when we use our ASN in bgp_community.add(), but
when we try to use a different ASN it works.

--
Regards,
Kevin San Jose
Email: kevin.sanjose at rise.ph
<http://rise.ph/>
6/F Crown 7 Business Center, Pope John Paul II Ave., Cebu City 6000
5/F OPL Building, 100 C. Palanca St., Legazpi Village, Makati City 1229
<http://fb.com/upgradetorise>   <https://twitter.com/upgradetorise>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/upgradetorise/>