[ixpmanager] Nagios Configuration Troubles After 4x > 6x Upgrade

Kyle Spencer kyle at stormzero.com
Tue Jun 14 23:09:00 IST 2022

Hi everyone,

We're having trouble getting Nagios to work properly after upgrading
from 4x to 6x. I've read through IXP Manager's Nagios documentation
multiple times and can't seem to find anything that might address the
errors we're encountering related to missing host and service
templates.

On the (previously working) Nagios box, I deployed and appropriately
modified this script:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/runtime/nagios/update-nagios.sh

I then cleared the relevant IXP Manager configuration subdirectory (in
our case /usr/local/nagios/etc/ixpmanager/) then ran the above script
which provides the following output when debug is enabled:

Processing vlan ID: 1 - protocol IPv4.... created -> reload scheduled [DONE]
Processing vlan ID: 1 - protocol IPv6.... created -> reload scheduled [DONE]
Processing IXP  ID: 1.... created -> reload scheduled [DONE]
Processing bird type ID: 1.... created -> reload scheduled [DONE]
Processing bird type ID: 1.... created -> reload scheduled [DONE]
Nagios reloading...

Nagios Core 4.3.4
Copyright (c) 2009-present Nagios Core Development Team and Community
Contributors
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 2017-08-24
License: GPL

Website: https://www.nagios.org
Reading configuration data...
   Read main config file okay...
Error: Template 'ixp-manager-production-switch' specified in host
definition could not be not found (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/ixpmanager/switches-infraid-1.cfg', starting on
line 88)
Error: Invalid max_check_attempts value for host 'a01.switches.ch.uixp.co.ug'
Error: Could not register host (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/ixpmanager/switches-infraid-1.cfg', starting on
line 75)
   Error processing object config files!

Did we miss something obvious? Does anyone have a clue where we might
pull the relevant template configurations from?

Regards,
Kyle Spencer

--
Cell / WhatsApp / Signal: +256786350675