[ixpmanager] . /artisan "user" Command doesn't exist

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Feb 22 14:05:26 GMT 2022

Hi Obey,

the advised upgrade path is to:

  *   step through the 5.x minor versions (5.3 -> 5.4 ->... -> 5.8) via:
    https://docs.ixpmanager.org/install/upgrade-v5/
  * and then to 6.0 via
    https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v6.0.0
  * and then to 6.1 and 6.2 via
    https://docs.ixpmanager.org/install/upgrading/

That seems like a lot but it's quite quick once you get the hang of it.
There's plenty of video tutorials
at:https://www.ixpmanager.org/support/tutorials; especially:

  * Upgrading IXP Manager (within the v5.x releases)
    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqsWCudPUak>
  * Upgrade from v5.8.0 to v6.0.0 <https://youtu.be/KcWUMYCQosA>

It is possible to upgrade in one step but unless you are experienced
with PHP and Laravel, I'd stick to the above.

There have been changes to the route servers along the way. Honestly,
I'd have to review the release notes to remember what they are
specifically so I'm going to let you do that yourself:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases

I'd recommend:

  * staying current with the releases. It's much easier to do the minor
    upgrades as we release them than to try and catch up.
  * make a backup before staring.
  * declare a maintenance window if worried about service disruption or
    disable the script that updates the route servers during the process.

Cheers,
Barry

obey pangeran via ixpmanager wrote on 22/02/2022 13:55:
> If I upgrade version of ixp manager from 5.3 to 6, it will be any
> service impact like downtime bgp connection in Route Server?
>
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022, 21:24 Nick Hilliard (INEX) via ixpmanager,
> <ixpmanager at inex.ie <mailto:ixpmanager at inex.ie>> wrote:
>
>     obey pangeran via ixpmanager wrote on 17/02/2022 13:40:
>     > Is there other solution for adding user by command without upgrade
>     > version ixp manager?
>
>     No - you need to upgrade to 6.x get this functionality.
>
>     Nick

INEX