[ixpmanager] Zendesk integration

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Apr 11 16:04:27 IST 2022

Paul,

there's no specific integration right now.

I've played with some stuff and the idea would be to show a members'
tickets, update tickets, close tickets and create tickets.

Anything we write would be interface based so any helpdesk platform that
would support those basic functions would work just fine. I.e. don't
feel you have to use Zendesk*.

  - Barry

* hard to imagine it was seven years ago now 😬  but way back then we
got fed up with self-hosted Cerberus and looked around for a
replacement. Evaluating helpdesks is a very unfun exercise! Migrating is
even worse (we wanted to preserve history [1]). We tried a lot and felt
Zendesk suited us the best. But look, that was seven years ago, a lot
may have changed since.

[1] https://github.com/inex/cerb5-to-zendesk

Paul Emmons via ixpmanager wrote on 11/04/2022 15:32:
> What are the minimum modules or Zendesk package needed for integration?

INEX