[ixpmanager] upgrade bird1 to bird2

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Thu May 27 16:25:36 IST 2021

Hmmm, actually, I can’t see this in the docs (at a glance) now.

We use scripts similar to the INEX ones to pull the config:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/tree/master/tools/runtime/route-servers

And then we use systems services like this to start the daemons:

—

[Unit]
Description=BIRD: ipv4
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/bird -c /etc/bird-rs1-ipv4.conf -s
/var/run/bird-ipv4.ctl -u bird -g bird
ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
Restart=always

[Install]