[ixpmanager] Installation failing when installing PHP dependencies

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Mar 22 22:19:20 GMT 2021

Mauricio Oviedo wrote on 21/03/2021 22:41:
> Thanks for taking a look. Yesterday I tried both in the production
> infrastructure and in AWS testing VM with same results and error message.
>
>  1. Launch AWS Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS (HVM),EBS General Purpose (SSD)
>     Volume Type. (t2.micro).
>  2. Download installation script from:
>
> sudo wget
> https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/raw/master/tools/installers/ubuntu-lts-2004-ixp-manager-v5.sh
>
>  3. Execute
>
> sudo bash ./ubuntu-lts-2004-ixp-manager-v5.sh
>
> After your message I tried again today in the AWS VM and worked
> correctly. Created a new VM in production infrastructure and worked OK
> as well…
>
> So… no idea of what happened, but works OK now…

Hi Mauricio,

this means that the php cli command isn't loading the memcache.so php
extension.  This sort of problem can happen when there's a problem with
the PHP installation.

If you see it again, try removing *all* installed php components and
reinstalling the application from scratch, e.g.

# dpkg -l | grep php | awk '{print $2}' | xargs apt purge -y

Note: don't run this command on a production server unless you
understand exactly what it does and how you can get your system back to
the state that it was in beforehand.  It may cause damage.